Binge Eating Disorder Treatment
If you have an unhealthy relationship with food and it’s taking a toll on you physically, mentally, and emotionally, seeking help from a licensed clinical psychologist can help. Binge eating isn’t about a lack of willpower or having an extreme fondness for food, it’s a mental health condition that can manifest through a variety of physical and psychological triggers. At Blair Wellness Group of Beverly Hills, we provide comprehensive counseling, therapy, and binge eating treatment services to assist clients in identifying the root cause of their disorder and to help them regain control of their life.
Risk Factors for Binge Eating Disorder
The cause of a binge eating disorder can be difficult to identify, but it can often be attributed to one or more of the following risk factors.
- Genetics — People who have a family history of binge eating disorder or another mental health condition are more likely to develop it.
- Psychological Conditions — Most people with binge eating disorder also suffer from at least one other psychological disorder such as depression, anxiety, or bipolar disorder.
- Trauma — Someone who has experienced a deeply distressing event such as abuse, a car accident, or the death of a loved one are more likely to develop the disorder
- History of Dieting — People who have a negative body image and a history of dieting may trigger a binge eating episode as a way to overcompensate for calorie restriction.
Signs and Symptoms
Someone who has a binge eating disorder will experience multiple, if not all of the following symptoms:
- Eating large quantities of food in a short period of time
- Eating without feeling hungry
- Continuing to eat despite being uncomfortably full
- Eating alone or in secret
- Feelings of guilt or shame after eating
- Feeling a loss of control with regard to eating
- Fluctuations in weight
Binge eating disorder is associated with several physical and psychological health risks. First, the majority of people with the disorder are obese which puts them at risk of health conditions such as cardiovascular disease, stroke, and type 2 diabetes. In addition to physical complications, binge eating disorder can affect relationships and work productivity, or even result in social isolation.
Binge Eating Disorder Treatment in Beverly Hills, Irvine, and Newport Beach
If you’re ready to break free from an unhealthy relationship with food and regain control of your life again, Blair Wellness Group can help. Under the expert and compassionate care of renowned licensed clinical psychologist Dr. Cassidy Blair, you’ll gain better insight into the possible cause of your eating disorder. Using various evidence-based treatment modalities, Dr. Blair will help you change the thoughts and emotions that are fueling your dangerous behaviors.
At Blair Wellness Group, we offer concierge-style care to clients in Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Hollywood, Malibu, and the greater Los Angeles area. Appointments can be made seven days a week, including nights and weekends and for your convenience, we also offer in-person, telephone, teletherapy, or virtual sessions. Call 310.999.4996 today to schedule an appointment.
Our Core Values
Discover effective solutions for addiction at Blair Wellness Group today. Call us at 310.999.4996 to schedule an appointment. We welcome patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Irvine, Newport Beach, and the surrounding areas.
At Blair Wellness Group, we are here to meet your clinical needs at any time.
Our team provides the compassionate care, support, and necessary interventions needed for our clients to achieve their goals and clinical objectives.
With 15+ years of clinical experience in providing an array of psychological services, we are committed to helping our patients achieve their goals.
Professional Team Support
We are dedicated to the well-being of our clients and have the extensive training to provide them with high-quality care.
Looking for a Local Psychologist?
We offer evening and weekend appointments for our Concierge patients. Call us today at 310-999-4996 to discuss how Blair Wellness Group can help you overcome depression, anxiety, relationship challenges, addiction issues, and personality disorders.